Our Level of Involvement is
Significantly More Hands-On
than Traditional Venture Capitalists
While we recognize that every
situation is different and we are quite flexible, we are only
interested in opportunities in which we will play an active
At the early stage, we supply start-up cash and, typically,
the equivalent of an interim CEO (non-salaried, as much as
Items that we would fund can
- Legal expenses associated with
starting a business.
- A salary to the founder(s).
- Intellectual property protection.
- Usual business expenses.
- Limited product development work, although we will
normally look for opportunities to leverage our investment
with other private funding, strategic partners, and government
grants where appropriate.
Services that we may provide
- General management functions including budgeting and accounting, corporate
governance, strategic planning and so forth.
- Assistance with identification of and negotiations with strategic
partners and potential employees, contractors, suppliers, government
agencies, and customers.
- Actively serve on the Board of Directors.
- Securing follow-on financing using our substantial
contacts with the local investment community, national energy
related venture capital funds and government sources.